Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Book Review-Romancing Your Better Half

Rick Johnson has done it again in this amazing book about intimacy.  Intimacy is one of those all encompassing words that means more than just sex or communication.

The most important part of this book for me is that he touches on intimacy as a survivor without making you feel like there is something incredibly wrong with you.  That is huge for me because no one was ever there to tell me that the feelings I was feeling were valid.  No one was there to tell my spouse that you have to approach a survivor a lot differently.  The books about it still made me feel like everything was so dark and terrible.

You can have a wonderful intimate relationship with your spouse as a survivor.  If it's a struggle for you, please read this book and have your spouse read it as well.  It's an important part of a successful relationship after trauma.

You can find my full review at Portland Parenting Examiner.


No comments:

Post a Comment