Tuesday, December 29, 2015

As we put 2015 to bed and 2016 begins to stir

Ohmygosh....I have so many wonderful direct sales friends on my facebook and I have been watching each and every one of them post their goals for 2016.  I'm so blessed to be in on their excitement and so many of them I know will reach their goals!

Goals are SO important, not only in the direct selling industry, but in life.  Don't get them confused with New Year's Resolutions.  Those things are unrealistic dreams disguised as goals.  A goal has to be SMART.

You can always count on my team
for  laughter filled shenanigans
Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, and Timely

You can resolve to lose weight, but if you don't specify how much, how long, what your plan is, determine that it's realistic (40 lbs in a month is not realistic no matter how many people seem to think it is), and timely.  Will you lose ten pounds in three months or a year?  You have to put an end cap on your goal, or it just blows away like fairy dust.

Do not let our business blow away like fairy dust.  It happens, I've seen it, you won't like it.

Trying to get as many people as possible
in our Las Vegas conference
photo
That brought me to thinking of my own business.  In the 2 1/2 years I have been with this amazing company, I have not only been able to pay for things like Christmas gifts for my children and travel for my family, but I have been on four Damsel trips, I'm getting ready to go on # five to southern California for a weekend of amazement, I'll be on #5 in July to Florida, it blew me away!  I didn't realize that so much has been put in my path #becauseofdamsel.

It not only has brought me a ton of financial freedom, but it's created some of the strongest life long bonds humanly possible.  The people Damsel in Defense has connected me with are worth more than all of the diamonds in the universe.

The Red Hots are always
Red Hot on awards night
Not only that, but it has opened so many doors.  I am now on several speaker's bureaus, currently finishing up my book, and have been able to touch so many lives through my story.  That would have never happened had I not picked up the phone when I saw that Idaho number calling and said yes to one of the Co-Founders to speak at our second national conference.  If I knew the amount of balls that would be rolling that day, I would have never believed it.  Sometimes I still have to pinch myself to make sure it's true.  How did a broken, abused, wrong choice making crazy person like me get to this spot?  Goals.

Me with Co-Founder
Mindy Lin
Not only that, but I've been able to personally watch both friends and strangers who have joined my team grow in the same ways all because I had the courage to ask them if they wanted to join me, or to lead them through the enrollment process after they decided to follow a perfect stranger (me) as a business mentor.

So many more things are just around the corner.  My goals are laid out and currently being measured and cut down to size based on the year, the months, the weeks, and they days.

Always abide by the code
I can't wait to watch my fellow direct sales friends reach their goals.  We will be cheering each other on, because it's not about wanting everyone to join you, it's about leading those who do and cheering on those who are your colleagues.  I can't wait to feel their cheers as my goals come to fruition.  My facebook is filled with hope, excitement, and planning right now.  Just knowing that I have hundreds of friends who have made the choice to take their financial freedom into their own hands gives me chills.

What?  My team tried to steal the coveted pink
couch in Vegas?  I don't know what
you're talking about.
In speaking with my team today, I'm so excited about each and every one of them.  Their goals are my goals, because we've created not just a team, but a community.  I couldn't be more blessed to not have to answer to a boss, to decide how much time I want to spend on my business, how much I want to spend on my family, and how much I want to spend on others.  Not having to clock in and out for a job that I hate is amazing.

Hanging with my girl
at our Boise conference in
2014
What are your goals for 2016?  If it's to join my team, let's talk about what that looks like.  I would be excited to add you to my community.  I promise you'll come away a stronger person.



No comments:

Post a Comment