Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Looking back on Damsel in Defense

From left to right: Mindy Lin, Co-Founder of  Damsel
in Defense, myself, Bethany Hughes, Co-Founder of
Damsel in Defense
On this day 2 years ago, Mindy Lin and Bethany Hughes, the Co-founders of Damsel in Defense didn't know me at all. Neither did CEO Bob Hipple.  We'd never met, and I know they were very busy launching this amazing company.

I earned Leadership Retreat that year, and half way through the first day, I came down sick. I mean so sick I had to go to the emergency room.  The problem was, my insurance wouldn't cover me outside of Oregon, so I after one excruciating night of literally feeling near death in a hotel that didn't even have a thermometer, I decided to fly home early.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life. 

Everyone kept telling me not to look sick or they wouldn't let me on the plane, so I opted for the hood up, sunglasses on, uni-bomber look.  Luckily they let me on the plane, and my husband immediately picked me up and took me straight to the emergency room. My temperature was approaching 104 degrees, I could barely walk, and the infection was bad. The doctor said, "Wow, when
you do something,  you really do it, don't you" and, "I'm so glad you came today, because this really could have ended badly."

Me and Mindy on a random
stop at Damsel Home Office
Turns out I had strep throat really, really bad.  I don't just mean pretty bad, I mean really, really bad.  It came on without warning and knocked me out completely in a matter of hours.  I was in bed unable to eat, move, or drink for 2 more days.  I had a serious double ear infection to go with it.  Had I waited a day, the hospital stay would have been more than an emergency room visit and being sent home with medication. 

In that time, not only did Mindy Lin post on Facebook, but she sent a private message and I received an email AND a phone call from Bob Hipple. They had all of my stuff that I didn't bring home packaged and shipped to me so that I had everything,  and they followed up a week later.

The famous Co-Founder husband photo bomb at a random
Damsel Home office stop
Not only that, but Damsel Pros came out of the woodwork to check on me while I was down.  My text message inbox and Facebook message inbox were both filled with well wishes and photos of notes on things that I missed.  No matter what team those girls were on, they didn't care, because my success was important enough for them to think of sending information to me that they felt I missed out on.  Never in my life, and in my 10+ direct sales company experience have I seen the kind Of love and compassion that I've seen from Damsel in Defense. 

The Red Hots at the 2nd annual Damsel in Defense National
Conference
Friday I embark again on a journey to sunny Southern California for Leadership Retreat. I'm filled with deep contemplation of the last 2 1/2 years that I've been an Independent Pro. It's one of the best business moves I've ever made.

Since joining this amazing team, I have made unbreakable friendships that I couldn't ever imagine my life without, I have been to 2 national conferences, one at which I was a speaker, I have been to half of a Leadership Retreat, and I've worked up the ranks to Senior Mentor, I've attended 2 Damsel Drop Ins, I've been to the Damsel Headquarters a couple of times, and I not only have the privilege of being able to meet Mindy, Bethany, and Bob, I have the blessing of their true and honest friendships.  

The first NW Damsel Drop in
If you're looking for that missing piece of your life, whether it's a few hundred extra dollars per month, or it's to create a lasting income for yourself, now is the time to jump. If you're looking for a company that operates like a family, join my team and be part of something bigger than you can imagine.

We're not only saving lives, but we're changing family trees, freeing people financially, and giving voices back to victims.

Email me at Sunshine@yourdamseldiva.com for more information on how to join.
Xoxo
The Stun Gun Girl

1 comment: